This series of lessons follows what I teach during my beginner workshop. Instructions correspond with one of our hand-made sets of patent-pending dotting tools, designed to be an inexpensive way to start out and follow along with both the videos and the patterns I design.
The introduction video is free!
Purchase just the videos that cover the topic(s) you'd like more help with or purchase that includes our tools or a whole kit of supplies. A purchase of an individual lesson will provide you with a link to the video and the password. With a purchase of the combo package, the tools will be shipped to your mailing address and the links and passwords to all videos will be emailed to you.
With this combo package, a set of hand-made dotting tools will be mailed to you and the links and passwords to all video lessons will be emailed to you.
With this combo package, links and passwords to all video lessons will be emailed to you and a kit of supplies that contains the following will be mailed to you:
- 1 set of 7 dotting tools
- 8 two-ounce acrylic paints
- bright red
- bright yellow
- grass green
- bright blue
- 1 ten-well paint tray
- 15 card stock squares, pre-cut to 4" x 4" size, perfect for small projects including the patterns in the Travelling Kindness Rocks Pattern Club
With this purchase, you'll receive a digital download with links and passwords to all 6 video lessons. See the descriptions posted by each individual lesson listed on this page for more details.
Lesson 1: Introduction includes...
- Description of materials used to create dot mandalas
- Thanks for supporting and a brief explanation of the Travelling Kindness Rocks program
- Encouragement - You can do it and dotting is so much FUN!
Lesson 2: Starting a Dot Mandala includes...
- Creating an 8-point mandala - What is this?
- How to use the dotting tools
- Starting in the center and adding the first set of 8 dots
Lesson 3: Building Your Design includes...
- The choices you need to make as you make your design
- Using more of the tools from the set
Lesson 4: Outlining a Dot includes...
- The capabilities of the metal-tipped tool
- "Anchor Dots" and their purpose
- How to outline a dot with progressively smaller dots
Lesson 5: Colour Choices includes...
- How to apply your second layer of dots
- Choosing the colours of the second layer
- Exceptions to the "rule"
Lesson 6: Making Changes, and Fixes includes...
- What you can change in your design and how
- How to fix drips and cracking
- Is my piece finished?