Bring the creativity and kindness to your school!
An elementary school visit can include workshops where each participating class learns how to paint dot mandalas and a whole school assembly that focuses on kindness, giving, and how Travelling Kindness Rocks all started in a classroom.
Middle school and high school visits can include the same as described above for elementary schools. A version of the presentation and teaching materials will soon be prepared that aligns with middle school and high school curriculum and the level of the students.
My qualifications and experience:
- Nova Scotia Teaching License, ATC1
- Bachelor of Education
- Masters of Education (Leadership)
- 11 years teaching in Nova Scotia public schools
- A decade of private piano instruction
- Teaching ages 4 to 84, a variety of learning styles, and a range of abilities
- $225 for a day + $25 for each class that participants in a workshop (plus tax). This covers all materials other than rocks. The workshop can be done without rocks or the school may decide to provide rocks for the workshop. In the case of the latter, a sample letter is available to send home with participating students to help with appropriately collecting rocks for the event.
- $0.20/km travel expenses for schools more than 65 km away from one of my home bases of Brooklyn, Hants County, and Woods Harbour, Shelburne County. Arranging a group of schools to be visited within a few days of each other and billeting at a staff member's home is something I'm completely open to.
A visit to your school includes:
- A combination of workshops and/or presentations.
- A package of materials for participating teachers that includes activities aligned with current learning expectations and outcomes and assessment materials.
- An invitation to connect your school's giving work with Travelling Kindness Rocks social media platforms.
Suggested Workshop Time Frames:
- Grades Primary, P/1, and 1: 30 minutes
- Grades 1/2, 2, 2/3: 45 minutes
- Grades 3, 3/4, 4: 75 minutes
- Grades 4/5 through to 12: 120 minutes
Although I have Intermediate French, as of now I do not plan to conduct school visits in French. However, I do intend to translate teaching packages into French.
Questions? Want to book a visit?
I welcome questions as I want to produce an experience that is both fun and educational for students of various ages and locations. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-902-306-0327. You are also welcome to use the form below to connect with me.